Name:
Location: Hobart, Tasmania, Australia

Welcome to me!

Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Faith mono

FAITH MONO:

SUSAN enters. She wearing skimpy clothing with more conservative clothing laid out on the bed, as if ready for going out, as a mother would do for a child going to church. This monologue it to be delivered as though she’s actually arguing with someone who is present, very stream of conscious, saying the first thing that comes to mind. A gradual change of personality even though SUSAN doesn’t want it. A presence in her life has out smarted her and made her change her ways.

What… Where?!? I don’t understand. (SUSAN grabs at her clothing, as she’s suddenly embarrassed) This… this feeling… I… I hate it…. I HATE IT (she picks up a skirt) STOP! (pause) I want you out of my mind. (Absently puts the skirt on) I want you gone… out! Out of my house…out of my head… out of the places that I dream. I don’t want you there. (she picks up a blouse)

I want you… I just want you… I don’t want you to think that I only want sex… I don’t… that’s not what I want at all.. in fact the idea repulses me… (She puts the blouse on) You’ve been my saviour… MY Jesus… MY bible…. My earth angel. (She walks over to the bed and picks up her bible, she waves it around) Do you see this? This… this piece of crap? This thing of paper and leather and words that means nothing (She throws the bible)IF IT MEANS NOTHING THEN WHY DOES IT REPRESENT EVERYTHING I FEEL?!?!?! (She picks up a cardigan and puts it on angrily) If you hadn’t of come along this wouldn’t be happening. (She walks over and picks up up the bible) Please… make it stop. (She turns to the audience holding her bible to her chest, looking like a girl ready for church) I don’t want to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home